Tuesday 25 July 2023

Feeling of Guilt!

Last weekend, I experienced a deeply emotional moment when the topic of losing a parent came up, and it triggered a flood of tears. The conversation resonated with me, and I couldn't help but confront overwhelming feelings of guilt. One particular memory haunted me—the time when my mother reached out to speak with me, but I couldn't respond because I was preoccupied with a business call. Unfortunately, I let four days pass before attempting to return her call, and by then, it was too late. The news of her suffering from a brain hemorrhage and her eventual passing devastated me.

I have been carrying this burden of guilt ever since, constantly questioning myself about what could have been different if only I had spoken to her that day. It pains me to think about how I missed that opportunity to connect with her and express my love and care.

Writing about these feelings is one way of trying to cope and heal, but it still hurts deeply. I wish there was a way to turn back time and correct my actions, but I know that's not possible. I understand that holding onto this remorse won't change the past, and it's essential for me to find a way to come to terms with it.

As I continue on this journey of healing, I hope to find forgiveness within myself. I want to cherish the memories I had with my mother and honor her by being more present and attentive to my loved ones in the future.

Through self-compassion and understanding, I hope to find a path toward healing and acceptance, knowing that my mother would have wanted me to find peace and happiness in life. #guilt #motherlove

No comments:

Post a Comment