Tuesday 18 July 2023

Shining Example of Inclusivity @Home!

Yesterday, I had an interesting conversation with my husband, and unsurprisingly, his words once again reaffirmed my understanding of "acceptance." Let me share a little bit about him before delving into the conversation itself. He pursued a master's degree in finance management and followed the tradition of joining the family business. However, let's set that aside for now. Basically, I always encouraged him to read my writings, and yesterday after reading them, he asked me a series of questions, one of which was why I chose to write about inclusion.

Moreover, he reminded me of an employee who has been working with us for 23 years and happens to have a physical disability (handicapped). My husband acknowledged that Munna, our employee, faces certain limitations, but we have never focused on what he can not do. Instead, we have treated him like any other employee, made no exceptions, and always encouraged him by saying, "You can do it," which he has repeatedly proven. We hired Munna because he was a perfect fit for the job requirements. Over time, witnessing his dedication, loyalty, and efficiency, he has progressed to become a manager, playing a significant role in his department.

This in my opinion, truly exemplifies acceptance. Every year, we have witnessed him steadily building his work capacity. He never declines any task and consistently finds a way to accomplish it, setting new benchmarks for himself.

Interestingly, although I was aware of "Munna bhaiya" working in our office space, always ensuring our comfort during our visits, I failed to recognize that I have a shining example of inclusivity right at home. I am incredibly proud of my husband for his compassion, kindness,  and inclusive leadership, both at the workplace and at home. I am grateful to have him as a role model, and I am inspired by his work and ideologies greatly. #inclusion #dei

No comments:

Post a Comment