Tuesday 29 December 2020

My Kaizens!

Yes, everyone has a story and so do I,

Meeting this gentleman I was very shy,

I gathered courage and started talking to him,

And did not realize when the lights were dim.


He expressed his concerns about me being so emotional,

And had doubts about my ability to deal in different situations,

I felt bad and disappointed knowing his views,

But did not give up as I wanted to prove.


Yes, I wanted to tell him,

My emotions and sensitive nature is my strength,

It helps me understand myself and my situations very well,

But he was sure about his ideas and observations.

And very clear about his thoughts and perceptions.


But I kept my emotions and ego aside

And started working on the areas identified,

Soon I could experience the joy and happiness

And expressed my excitement with little tenderness


Yes, everyone has a story and so do I,

And this time meeting him, again I was very shy,

I gathered courage and asked if there is any change?

But to my surprise he mentioned, I am still the same.


He said that I cannot express my ideas on paper

And I cannot take up things that are different

I felt dejected listening to him

But still, I was persistent and started working on it.


And then there was a time when he did not speak to me,

But instead expressed to my colleague,

He mentioned that I was wrong in a situation,

And without knowing the fact he believed in some version.


Alas! I realized that it is not about him anymore,

As I tried pleasing him instead of filling my own pores,

How I wish if I could have realized this a way back,

For sure the process would have been a steady smack.


But I am super delighted to have experienced this all

As without it, I would not have been able to climb the wall

Indeed, my kaizens have been my stepping stones,

And would continue to work on it while walking along the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment